Call Today (949) 379-8483
Jain Law Group
Experienced California Immigration And Business Law Attorney

O-1 Visa: Aliens Of Extraordinary Ability

At the Jain Law Group, we have handled numerous cases and have the necessary experience involving O-1 visas. Foreign nationals who have extraordinary ability in science, art, education, business or athletics may apply for O-1 visa. The applicant must have demonstrated sustained national or international acclaim and show achievements that have been recognized in the field. The evidence to show extra ability is to have attained high level of expertise and that the person is one of small percentage risen to the top of the field.

The applicant must demonstrate at least three of the following:

  • Receipt of nationally or internationally recognized awards or prizes for excellence in his/her field.
  • Membership in associations in the field of extraordinary ability, which require outstanding achievement for membership, as judged by national or international experts.
  • Citations in professional publications, written by others about the individual's work in the field. Include the title, date, and author and any translation, if necessary.
  • Participation on a panel or as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field.
  • Original scientific, scholarly or business contributions of major significance to the field.
  • Authorship of scholarly articles in the field in professional journals or major media.
  • Previous employment in a critical capacity for organizations and/or establishments that have a distinguished reputation.
  • Evidence of high salary or other significantly high remuneration for services in relation to others in the field, as proven by contracts or other evidence.

Period Of Stay

Initial period of stay in O-1 status is three years and may be extended in one-year increments. There is no limit to the number of extensions.

Family Members Of O-1 Holder

Spouse and dependents (unmarried children under 21 years of age) of O-1 workers are eligible for O-3 visa. The dependents are not permitted employment authorization; however, they may attend academic institutions.

You can contact us online or call 949-379-8483. We serve clients in Irvine and throughout Orange County.

Ask Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy