Call Today (949) 379-8483
Jain Law Group
Experienced California Immigration And Business Law Attorney

F-1 Visa: Students

Jain Law Group can help aspiring students obtain a student visa who wish to study in the United States. Applicant should apply to academic institutions and be admitted to the school. Individuals on an F-1 student visa must maintain their full-time status and are expected to complete their studies before their F-1 student visa expires. If the student wishes to continue with their academic studies, they must apply for a new student visa from the school they wish to attend to.

To qualify to apply for F-1 student visa, applicants are required to fulfill the following criteria:

  1. Must have a foreign residence and must have intention to return to home country upon completion of studies;
  2. Must show financial ability to pay for tuition and accommodations;
  3. Must show evidence that there are strong ties to home country such as job offers, assets and family members.

Period Of Stay

Students may remain in F-1 status as long as they continue studying in their academic programs. Prospective students who initially entered the USA with another visa may apply for a student visa and remain in the USA.

Individuals currently in the USA on a student visa may be eligible to obtain another visa like an employment visa or a green card in certain circumstances and not have to leave the USA.

Family Members Of F-1 Holder

Dependents of an F-1 student visa can obtain an F-2 visa to also be allowed to enter and stay in the USA.

You can contact us online or call 949-379-8483. We serve clients in Irvine and throughout Orange County.

Ask Us About Your Case

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy