F-1 Visa / E-3 Visa

F-1 Visa: Students

Jain Law Firm can help as aspiring students obtain a student visa who wish to study in the United States. Applicant should apply to academic institutions and be admitted to the school. Individuals on a F-1 Student Visa must maintain their full-time status and are expected to complete their studies before their F-1 Student Visa expires. If the student wishes to continue with their academic studies, they must apply for a new student visa from the school they wish to attend to.

To qualify to apply for F-1 Student Visa, applicants are required to fulfill the following criteria:

  1. Must have a foreign residence and must have intention to return to home country upon completion of studies;
  2. Must show financial ability to pay for tuition and accommodations;
  3. Must show evidence that there is strong ties to home country such as job offers, assets, and family members.

Period of Stay

Students may remain in F-1 status as long as they continue studying in their academic programs. Prospective students who initially entered the USA with another visa may apply for a student visa and remain in the USA.

Individuals currently in the USA on a Student Visa may be eligible to obtain another visa like an employment visa or a Green Card in certain circumstances and not have to leave the USA.

Family Members of F-1 Holder

Dependents of a F-1 Student Visa can obtain an F-2 Visa to also be allowed to enter and stay in the USA.

E-3 Visa

E-3 Visa: Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia

In order to obtain an E-3 visa, you must be an Australian citizen who is seeking to work in the USA in a specialty occupation. The applicant must have experience, college degree, and/or certification directly related in the field of the specialty occupation. Generally, E3 visas pertain to individuals with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent. This is usually the minimum requirement for E3 visas.

If a current E3 visa holder wishes to change employment, a new E-3 visa application as well as a new Labor Condition Application must be filed for the new employment. Additionally, there must not be more than 10 days of time between jobs.

Family members of E-3 Holder

Dependents and the spouse of an E3 visa holder are also entitled to receive an E3 visa. Children are not authorized to work but the spouse may obtain an employment authorization to work in the USA.

Schedule A Consultation